Thursday, October 14, 2004

A bit of thanks.

It was a pretty sorry day. I sat in Firestone for 2 freakin hours ( to get another tire for David's car). I worked on the place today. Started with the desk and pretty much ended with it :(. I really enjoy trying to get our apartment to look more like a home. Oh, I also took down one of Besa's pens so we'd have more room in our living room (for all the company we have coming). I moved around her other pen in our bedroom which gave poor David a little more room on his side of the bed.

Now for the thanks. I am soo blessed to have such a wonderful husband. You have a lot of time to think about things up here while you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. I have enjoyed having to drive him to work in the morning because we have a little more time to spend together.
For the little things, he puts the toilet seat down, EVERY TIME! I almost take it for granted since I have never really had to deal with anything other than that. But my gosh its nice. He is an incredible cook. He'll even help with dishes. He always knows when something is wrong and is willing to survive my awful mood swings EVERY time they come around. If we are in a fight.. as sad as it is.. he is always the first to attempt to make it up.

I really don't have any idea how to put to words what I was feeling today. The thoughts of having kids and telling them how wonderful it is to be in love, talking to girlfriends who are dating and looking for Mr. right. I can only pray for them that they find the same ultimate companionship, love, and entire package I have found in my own marriage. I cringe now to think that I tried to shake off that love. The true love David has always shown me. That love, unconditional love, is so extremely amazing. I can't imagine not having someone to share your life with. It's so amazing. They are always there for you, with you, know you more intimately than you may even know yourself sometimes. I look at people who get married after only knowing each other for a short while and am amazed. I couldn't do it. I can't imagine not having gone through a lot with someone you plan to spend the rest of your life with. It makes things sooo much less awkward. I've known David for 5 years. We are practically joined at the hip, and this too I would definitely not change. Its wonderful knowing you have someone to come home to, to share your day with, everything and anything because they are there and full love for you. It provides such comfort that you could never image or explain if you have never felt it before. When I was little I asked my mom how she knew dad was the one. Its again that thing you just can't explain, and some people spend their entire life trying to find that perfect person. Even when I talk about things being so tough and painful. I can't imagine my life without David. He is so amazing and wonderful to me. I may not show it nearly enough but God I am blessed to have someone who loves with EVERYTHING. Even when I was completely blinded by my own problems and desires, he stood there waiting, and continuing to love with open arms. He has always given with no strings attached. David I love you.

No comments: